Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Twice the fun...

Time to add another pet to the mix, this time it's Norman.

A.K.A. - Norman the Puker.

$1000, a variety of tests and a x-ray and ultrasound later, it turns out he has signs that are consistent with primary G.I. disease.

Possible causes are inflammatory bowel disease, early lymphoma, ulcers or parasite/motility disorders.

Please shoot me now.

Since Norman is a pain in the ass to medicate orally, he is going to be introduced to the evil world of performance enhancing drugs.

In this case, steroids.

And, unlike the folks at W.W.E. and Major League Baseball, my pets don't have multi-million dollar contracts that I can use to soften the blow to my wallet.

He got the shot today so I need to keep an eye on him for a week or two and then we'll discuss the options for ongoing medication.

One other thing I wanted to quickly jot down was the fact that Baxter has random drool episodes and is going through one right now.

Imagine a canine vampire with drool instead of blood slowly dripping from his lower set of fangs and that's kinda what he looks like.

Sexy!

No comments: